At Limosa, we’re not just designing an eVTOL – we’re architecting the future of sustainable aviation. Every member of our exceptional team plays a pivotal role in crafting a new era of transportation. We believe in the power of innovation, and we’re united by the shared vision of propelling the world towards greater environmental responsibility. We are thrilled to welcome new talents to our dynamic startup dedicated to pioneering the future of eVTOLs. Our company is not just a workplace; it’s a vibrant community that embraces diversity and fosters innovation.
Limosa Inc. is a technology start-up based in Montreal, QC, Canada. Our aim is to revolutionize the transportation system to be a safe and fast travelling option. The air taxi transportation will be safer than a car, faster, eco-friendly and less time consuming than an airplane, as well as, more flexible than conventional transportation systems. Our group consists of experts in aircraft structural design, structural analyses, aerodynamics, designing propulsion systems, flight control and avionics to develop an eVTOL aircraft. Limosa Inc. intends to develop and acquire strategic technologies and next-generation aircraft configurations, to accelerate the deployment of economically viable eco-friendly air travel and transport by leveraging its expertise and growing international network of industry partnerships. We are currently working on developing a 7-seater all-electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft. Our vehicle is named LimoConnect. The design is being tailored to be autonomous and capable of carrying cargo. Your place of work will be at our main office located at 6655 Chemin de la Cote-des-Neiges, Montréal, Québec, Canada. At Limosa you’ll be working at the cutting-edge technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. We offer a challenging and inspiring work environment. We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our small but fast-growing team developing a unique eVTOL (electric Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aircraft in Québec. We’re in a very growing phase and seeking talented professionals to join our team.
We are looking for a Senior Composite-Airframe Design Engineer to lead the structural design of our aircraft. The aircraft will be made using carbon fiber composite structures. For that we would need the applicant be experienced with designing and manufacturing using advance composite materials and structures. That requires an intense knowledge of structural integrity and stability, as well as manufacturability of composite structures. Applicants will be working with a team of stress analysis, aerodynamics, systems, powertrain and external loads disciplines to develop both the primary and the internal structural configuration. We’re looking for a person that is highly proficient and passionate about CAD design. Ideally, you have experience in aircraft conceptual and preliminary design phases across a range of civil aircraft programs, while maintaining a start-up mindset and self-motivation.
- Leading the CAD design team and supporting the development of the primary aircraft components such as fuselage, wings, propellers assembly, rotor-tilting mechanisms, etc.
- Weight and balance management in collaboration with all disciplines across aerodynamics, external loads, stress analysis, interiors, systems, propulsion, and powertrain to ensure a cost-effective and achievable total weight of the aircraft.
- Contributing to defining design guidelines and specifications based on previous experiences. Expected to require little to no guidance to develop aircraft main and internal structure for configuration analysis, and conduct trade studies to support manufacturing optimization and the aircraft Preliminary Design Review (PDR).
- Implement and maintain a rigorous configuration management system.
- Ensure achievement of manufacturability and maintainability requirements.
- Prepare reports and presentations as needed to document and communicate work.
- Report technical risks, issues and opportunities up through functional management.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Proficiency in CAD software, preferably Catia v5 or 3DExperience with good knowledge and experiences in geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
- Minimum 10 years of advanced aircraft design experience.
- Experience in aircraft conceptual and preliminary design with an emphasis on weight build-up and weight management and structural optimization.
- Good understanding of aircraft production and assembly methods and processes.
- Knowledge of aircraft structural certification regulations (TCCA CAR 523, FAA Part 23).
- Proficiency in English and French (written and spoken).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working on large collaborative projects and passion to work with others.
- Passion for aircraft design and Limosa’s mission.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Significant aircraft conceptual and preliminary design experience on regional aircraft program at a leading OEM or start-up.
- Proficiency coordinating activities of engineers in partner supplier companies.
- Experience in CAM.
- Working knowledge of FEM.
- Salary Range:Negotiable
As a Senior Flight Control Engineer at Limosa Inc, you will lead the development and analysis of our eVTOL aircraft’s control systems. Your technical expertise will ensure our aircraft’s control systems, both hardware and software, not only meet but exceed design requirements and industry regulations.
- Design and implement advanced control algorithms for all phases of eVTOL flight, including hover, transition, and forward flight.
- Develop and validate real-time embedded control software using model-based design and auto-code generation tools like SIMULINK, CONDUIT etc.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers in selecting and integrating sensors (IMUs, GPS, air data sensors) and actuators (servos, motors).
- Conduct rigorous system identification tests to refine aircraft dynamic models.
- Utilize advanced simulation tools, such as MATLAB and Simulink, for control system validation, ensuring robustness against uncertainties and disturbances.
- Ensure compliance with industry-specific regulations, such as those from EASA or FAA, pertaining to flight control systems and software.
- Lead fault-tolerant control design to enhance system reliability and safety.
- Collaborate with aerodynamics and flight dynamics teams to ensure seamless integration of control systems.
- Stay updated of the latest advancements in control theory, avionics, and aerospace standards.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Advance degrees are preferred.
- Over 10 years of hands-on experience in flight control system design, analysis, and validation.
- Proficiency in control system hardware, control logics development, and tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, and CONDUIT.
- Deep understanding of eVTOL regulations, DO-178C, and DO-254.
- Experience with state estimation techniques, such as Kalman filtering.
- Familiarity with communication protocols like CAN, ARINC 429, and Ethernet.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail and a passion for achieving precision in control system performance.
We are seeking a Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer with a deep understanding of aircraft performance and design. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in analyzing our eVTOL aircraft’s performance throughout the design process, ensuring that it meets the highest standards of maneuverability, stability, and to have good handling qualities.
- Lead the analysis of eVTOL aircraft performance for different modes of the flight and in various phases of the design process, ensuring that design requirements are consistently met.
- Conduct comprehensive stability analyses, ensuring that the aircraft exhibits positive stability characteristics in all flight regimes.
- Extract and evaluate stability and control derivatives to ensure optimal aircraft response to control inputs and external disturbances.
- Collaborate closely with the design and aerodynamics teams to optimize aircraft configurations for superior handling qualities.
- Provide expertise in flight control system design, ensuring that the aircraft’s control response is both predictable and agile.
- Utilize advanced simulation tools and methodologies to predict aircraft performance and validate design choices.
- Mentor junior engineers, sharing knowledge and expertise to foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in the field of flight dynamics of eVTOLs and incorporate best practices into our design processes.
- Participate in flight test campaigns, analyzing flight data to validate and refine performance predictions.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Over 10 years of experience in flight dynamics, aircraft performance analysis, and stability assessment.
- Proficiency in using advanced simulation and analysis tools, MATLAB SIMULINK, AAA, CONDUIT.
- Strong understanding of eVTOL aircraft design and the unique challenges they present.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams and communicate complex technical concepts effectively.
- Proven track record of contributing to successful aircraft design projects.
- Passion for innovation and a drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible in the eVTOL industry.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work on groundbreaking projects in the rapidly evolving eVTOL industry.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Professional growth opportunities and continuous learning.
Limosa Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal or provincial or local laws.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and all other relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your resume.